In the summer of 2016, 6 friends sailed down the Mississippi river on a boat made of 800 plastic bottles.
WITH THE GENEROUS SUPPORT OF
The Recycled Mississippi expedition aimed to promote public awareness of the need for clean rivers, less landfill waste, and the elimination of single-use plastic containers.
MEET THE CREW (from left to right)
- Sebastian Engelhart - skipper - United States
- Zander Hortung - navigator - United States
- Dan Cullum - expedition leader - New Zealand
- Livio Knoeri - engineer - Switzerland
- Gary Bencheghib - filmmarker - France
- Hannes Stauffer - engineer - Switzerland